This old restored stone cottage (about 100 years) will ensure a tranquil getaway. Situated on a farm with wide-open space and loads of birds life, you will be able to enjoy nature up close and personal.
Descriptions of the rooms
- The stone cottage sleeps, four people.
- There is a small kitchenette.
- Self-catering or meals on request (5 days in advance)
- Outside braai facilities and a fireplace (wood for sale),
- No cell reception at the cottage, but about 50m away you can get a signal.
|Kitchen||Small kitchenette - fridge, microwave, gasplate|
|Beds||One room with 2 single beds
The sitting room has a bed that can be separated to become 2 beds.
Please book at least 2 days in advance
R250 p.p for the first 2 guests, thereafter R100 per person.
The owner Sarie is a passionate bird watcher and will advise you to some of the good birding spots.
For bigger groups, there is additional accommodation available. Contact her for more information.
Activities on the farm:
It is the ideal base to move from to explore the area and watch birds.
Murraysburg district has seven different biomes (vegetation regions).
- Mountains up to 2,000m above sea level
- Plains at 900m above sea level
- 3 Provinces come together here
- About 215 species recorded here
- 65 is endemic to Southern Africa
- 18 is Red data
Please let Sarie know if you made any different bird sighting than those in our list.
- Wood at extra cost
- Limited cellphone reception
- Private Braai Area
|076 714 7482|
|Swavelkrans gravel road